Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Looking at dropping my Wildcard

It is getting to the point of the season, where things for my team are going well with five out of six green arrows, but I could always strive for better. I could always make my team more competitive against the rest of the Fantasy World. Thus, this article is looking at my team and how I am going to keep climbing the overall rankings.




There are couple of teams who over the next few weeks are becoming quite tempting prospects. Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Leicester City are three of the teams that I am looking at. Tottenham, even though they did get beaten by Leicester City whom I am also looking at, do offer great players who could help me in my cause. 

Tottenham Hotspur:

Some players from Tottenham whom I am looking at are of course Christian Eriksen and Harry Kane. I am looking at Christian Eriksen as a possible replacement for Mohammad Salah, this is because someone like Sadio Mane is matching him for output at the start of the season, so if I can make the cost saving I hope to and spread the cash elsewhere in my squad, then fantastic. Harry Kane and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang are set to go toe to toe for the best striker in London and to be honest, I believe anyway that Kane will moreso get the service from his team-mates than the Gabonese international will. 

Another player I might be tempted to get in is Hugo Lloris, go big at the back with Tottenham. The Frenchman is top for saves this season in London and amongst his fellow goalkeepers. 

Arsenal:

To be honest, I am looking at Arsenal from a purely defensive point of view. Yes I know, I've seen all the jokes about David Luiz and the Arsenal defence over these last few weeks. I am looking though, at three of their players who are on the way back for the Gunners. Rob Holding, Kieran Tierney and Hector Bellerin are all on their way back from injury. I will of course give them time to bed-in to Unai Emery's system and style of play, but I am going to keep an eye on them going forward.

Leicester City:

Brendan Rodgers has Leicester City back buzzing recently and they are now looking more like the Leicester of that under Claudio Raneiri. A lot of Brendan's tactics look like those under the Italian who won Leicester their only Premier League title. Jamie Vardy not just looks back to his best, but is back to his best. His forward runs were a staple under Raneiri, they were solely missed under Claude Puel, but Leicester and us Fantasy managers are happy to have old Jamie Vardy back. 

Another Leicester City player whom I am looking at, has come in and replaced the departed Harry Maguire without much fuss to be honest. With Leicester's fixtures coming up, it looks like a no brainer to not bring in the Turkish international. 

Conclusion:

Well there you have it, you now know where my thought process is at in terms of what teams and players I am looking in for if and when I activate my wildcard. I am not saying that I will definitely wildcard this week, but what I can say is that I am strongly considering it this week. 

Also, give our new sponsors Brennan's Brewing a follow also. 


No comments:

Post a Comment