Monday, August 26, 2019

Wildcard season is upon us

Game week 3 is now at an end and it is that time of the season when we all take a longer look at our teams and see do we need to make changes and if so, how many changes. Yes, people wildcard season is officially upon us.




You may not have touched your team from GW1 until now, but you now feel that there are sweeping changes needed and that now is the time of the season to make them. There may be either players that simply haven't played when you were expecting them too or they are injured and out for the long haul, you now know that things need to be worked on. 




I'll talk you through this by concentrating on my own side. I, myself have made small changes throughout the course of the first couple of weeks playing the Fantasy Premier League. I have brought in the likes of Aaron wan-Bissaka and Tanguy Ndombele making slight changes and I feel good about my side, but still I believe that I could make slight changes to make my squad that little bit better. 

Two players that I am looking at shoe-horning out of my squad are Diogo Jota of Wolves and Jan Bednarek of Southampton. Diogo Jota has simply not been performing to the expectations that I am Fantasy managers as a whole are expecting of him. Wolves are also in the Europa League this season, so Jota will be liable to rotation and when we think of rotation, it's a pure dirty word for us Fantasy managers, we don't want to think about it. 

I will more than likely get rid of Tanguy Ndombele as he is now injured and probably going to be out for a long time. 

Some players who I am looking at bringing in for these players include:

Diogo Jota - Joshua King from AFC Bournemouth, Danny Ings of Southampton or Andre Gray of Watford. 

Jan Bednarek - John Lundstrum of Sheffield United, Ainsley Maitland-Niles from Arsenal or Tyrone Mings of Aston Villa.

Tanguy Ndombele - John McGinn of Aston Villa, Todd Cantwell of Norwich or Mason Mount of Chelsea. 

It will be interesting to see who activates their wildcards after GW3 or even after GW4. I, myself am planning on wildcarding after GW4 to be honest. I will wait and see how GW3 plays out and also GW4. Will there be any injuries or suspensions heading into the International break especially. This is because, many players will either not play during the first International break or they do play and will pick up minor injuries coming out of the break. 

I just want to ask, when will you be wildcarding?

No comments:

Post a Comment